Biology24x7
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Latest topics
» 'Junk DNA' drives embryonic development
tell me why? EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 6:01 pm by Admin

» New Year wish
tell me why? EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 6:56 pm by Admin

» Mumbai India's most populous city, Delhi largest urban spread
tell me why? EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 1:50 pm by Admin

» Wikipedia defines a dietary fibre in the following way
tell me why? EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 6:08 pm by Admin

» The 2011 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine was divided, one half jointly to Bruce A. Beutler and
tell me why? EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 2:57 pm by Admin

» Why the Facebook Group My Students Created for Themselves is Better than the Discussion Forum I Created for Them.
tell me why? EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 3:05 pm by Admin

» [b]Frogs and salamanders and a common ancestor, oh my![/b]
tell me why? EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 2:02 pm by Admin

» a question?
tell me why? EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 12:56 pm by Admin

» tell me why?
tell me why? EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 12:49 pm by Admin

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

tell me why?

2 posters

Go down

tell me why? Empty tell me why?

Post  anilkumar Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:13 pm

Sleep: Why do we dream? What are the underlying brain mechanisms? What is its relation to anesthesia? lol! Sleep

anilkumar

Back to top Go down

tell me why? Empty Freud's Theory

Post  Admin Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:49 pm

Out of all theories before his, and all of those today, this is the one that stands out the most. He believed that a dream represented an ongoing wish along with the previous days activities. They may even portray wishes that have been inside us since early childhood. In fact, he believed, every dream is partially motivated by a childhood wish. Another interesting idea was that nothing is made up during a dream and that they are biologically determined, derived completely from instinctual needs and personal experiences.

Probably one of the most interesting ideas among these theories is his theory of dream occurrence. Dreams occur in a state of "ego collapse" when the demands of the Id (imperative bodily needs) and Superego (conscience ego ideals) converge upon the Ego (personal desires and mediator between the Id and Superego). In easier terms, a dream will occur when the unconscious wish is bound to the preconscious instead of just being discharged.

Many of Freud's theories still stand true today, but most of all in the area of defense mechanisms our body uses while we dream. If our minds have been dealing with too much denial, regression, or repression, it causes an internal conflict, a dream in this case, to take place. This prevents us from building up intolerable states of psychological tension in waking life. This is why, if you become too emotional, it actually works to "sleep it off."
mechanism of dream refer http://www.psyplexus.com/dp/3.htm

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://biology24x7.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum